March 1, 2013 by Jen Budge
I love using my Kiwi Lane Designer Templates for every craft I create. I was thinking that b/c Easter is now just around the corner to use my Cascade Trails D.T. Set to create these adorable Easter Eggs to place in my photo frames for the month.
Click the Pinterest Link at the bottom of the post to pin to your Pinterest Board!!!
First things first I had to find paper! I used the Summer Breeze Collection from Quick Quotes Scrapbook Co. I was excited b/c I thought these patterns/colors would work great for me.
I started by printing off 2 Easter Egg Templates of each size. One for each of my frames. (8×10, 5×7, & 4×6) One of each size I left alone. The other copies I cut out the inside of each egg leaving an egg shaped frame. (I set those aside for later) I then grabbed my Cascade Trails and decided which ones I wanted to use for this project. I ended up tracing a few of each to cut out and play around with.
Once my Cascade Trails Pieces were cut out I started laying them on top of my Egg Template to figure out which ones looked best where. (I played around with this a bit until I was happy with how it looked).
I then trimmed off the long pieces outside of the Egg shape which I was able to use on my smaller Eggs. At this point you can really start to visualize how they’re going to look.
Last step was to grab my Egg Frames (which I had set aside earlier) and place them over my Cascade Trails bringing my Eggs to life! This was such a quick, fun, & EASY Easter Craft to Create. Something that would be super fun to do with your children as well.
Now just to remind you a random winner from ONE of the 10 blogs (including the Kiwi Lane blog), will be given a $25 gift certificate to Kiwi Lane Designs, for leaving a comment on any of the blogs. The more blogs you comment on the higher your chances of winning.
The time has come to hop to the next blog for more Inspiration!!!
1. Kiwi Lane http://kiwilane.com/here/blog/
2. Becky Williams http://onescrappinmama.blogspot.com/
3. Jenny Urzua- www.scrappifyable.wordpress.com
4. Jennifer Budge- www.thingsthaticreate.wordpress.com YOU ARE HERE!!!!
5. Gail Owens www.glowormdesigns.blogspot.com —- NEXT UP my Friend Gail Owens!!!!
6. Neela Nalam www.memorablescraps.blogspot.com
7. Leanne Bourassa www.scrapnwithflair.blogspot.com
8. Teresa Gray http://mommameasfavoritethings.blogspot.com/
9. Jenna Hipps http://jenstampz.blogspot.com/
10. Jennifer Nicholes http://craftingmoments.wordpress.com
Thank You Pinterest for the inspiration of this craft.